Java Developers Group
The Java Developers Group on LinkedIn was founded in March of 2008 by John Backer. The group has now grown to a population of over 164,000 members in several countries around the world. This website is to help promote our LinkedIn group and provide static information for our group that would be difficult to see inside LinkedIn.
An important part of this website is the Group Rules which you can access by select the tab on the menu above. Please review the rules prior to joining our group, and if you are unwilling or unable to abide by our rules, please don't waste your time joining our group. I can tell you without question, that the members of this group hate spam and dislike postings which might not be spam but not a meaningful post. Having said this - the members of this group are very knowledge and helpful, and if you have a problem or question about Java or Java related topics, you are likely to find help here.
Click here to join the Java Developers Group on LinkedIn
I will be working with LinkedIn directly to make suggestions which will hopefully make managing large groups easier for everyone. LinkedIn has been responsive in the past.
Here are the most recent enhancement requests I've made:
- When someone is blocked and deleted, it would great to have some kind of history in case they question why they were blocked and deleted and potentially provide the blocked person a reason from a selection list of why the action was taken.
- It would be great to add notes to members and be able to see those notes even after a member is no longer active in the group.
- It would be great to see a history of deleted posts for members - this could be helpful in deciding if a member should be removed and blocked from the group.
- I would like to see moderation activity - see which moderator took what action as a moderator. This would help me to overall manage the group and keep the moderation group active.
- It would be great for the membership to know who the moderators are - perhaps a badge displayed by their name when they post and perhaps a list of moderators viewable by the membership.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein