Santa Barbara or San Francisco, CA
High level software engineer assigned to develop more complex production software with increased responsibility for independent planning and implementation. Gains progressive recognition as a specialist in one or more fields. Assumes increasing responsibility as the technical specialist in a group and advises on design and development approach.
Works on jobs of diverse scope and complexity requiring independent action and decision making. Exercises judgment, applying creativity and ingenuity in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives no instructions on routine work and only general instructions on new assignments. Works as part of a team in an agile/scrum environment – accountable to the rest of the team for delivering on planned commitments within each sprint.
Qualifications and Requirements · BS degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience. 3 years of work experience is required for individuals holding a MS (2 years for PhD) in one of these fields. Equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education.
· Knowledge and experience with basic software lifecycle process and Configuration Management tools.
· Experience implementing, unit testing, debugging and integrating code of high complexity
· Experience delivering web-based applications.
· Knowledge of more advanced programming environments, frameworks and concepts required (e.g. J2EE, Spring, multi-threaded programming)
· Strong working knowledge of networking and data communications is a plus.
· Knowledge and experience with Internet technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP/IP) highly desired
· Knowledge and experience with relational database technologies (SQL, schema design) and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate) highly desired
Good understanding and experience of Scrum and Agile working methods preferred.